Paulo Coelho, the legendary author and writer, has inspired millions of people around the world with his stories of travel, love and spiritual lessons learnt along the way.
I read the Alchemist nearly twenty years ago. The story spoke to my heart and inspired me to believe in the adventurous life!
Here are 10 Paulo Coelho quotes to remind you to grow wilder:-
1. “Everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn’t have the courage to say “yes” to life?”
2. Be Brave. Take risks Nothing can substitute experience.
3. “A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.”
4. “I can choose either to be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It’s all a question of how I view my life.”
5. “No one loses anyone, because no one owns anyone. That is the true experience of freedom: having the most important thing in the world without owning it”
6. “You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it’s better to listen to what it has to say.”
7. “Do something instead of killing time because time is killing you.”
8. “Sometimes, we are so attached to our way of life that we turn down wonderful opportunities simply because we don’t know what to do with it.”
9. “That is why it is so important to let certain things go. To release them. To cut loose. People need to understand that no one is playing with marked cards; sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. Don’t expect to get anything back, don’t expect recognition for your efforts, don’t expect your genius to be discovered or your love to be understood. Complete the circle. Not out of pride, inability or arrogance, but simply because whatever it is no longer fits in your life. Close the door, change the record, clean the house, get rid of the dust. Stop being who you were and become who you are.”
10. “The most important thing in all human relationships is conversation, but people don’t talk anymore, they don’t sit down to talk and listen. They go to the theater, the cinema, watch television, listen to the radio, read books, but they almost never talk. If we want to change the world, we have to go back to a time when warriors would gather around a fire and tell stories.” By Picture by Samantha Wilson
surface pattern + illustration