From our family to yours
From our family to yours
Roasted figs and candied pine nuts transform simple vanilla ice cream into an elegant and impressive dessert—plus it’s so easy!
1 pint fresh figs, cut in half
1 tablespoon olive oil + extra for serving
3 tablespoons good runny honey, divided
½ cup pine nuts
⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
flaky sea salt
4 scoops good quality vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Toss the halved figs with the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the honey and spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until soft and beginning to caramelize.
3. To make the candied pine nuts, heat a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add the nuts and toast for about two minutes, or until just starting to brown and smell fragrant. Add the ground cardamom and a large pinch of flaky sea salt and stir to combine.
4. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons honey, cook for about 30 seconds, then turn off the heat. Stir to combine everything, then immediately transfer to a large plate to cool, spreading them out in an even layer.
5. To serve, place a scoop of vanilla ice cream in each bowl and top with the warm roasted figs, some of the candied pine nuts, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of flaky salt. Via Goop.com food.
Chia pudding with figs and vanilla cashew ice cream. Who wants to try ?
Ali & Megan’s experiences working in the kitchen of an eco-resort restaurant in Portugal and managing an eco-friendly food truck are testament to their passion for creating healthy, plant-based foods. Megan Pope grew up in Kelowna BC, and graduated from Nutrition and Food Sciences at the University of Alberta. She has a passion for healthy cooking using fresh ingredients. Now with the help of a wildly successful Kickstarter campaign, together with Ali Magee, they’re gearing up to open a new, health-focused restaurant in Calgary called Raw Eatery & Market this June, featuring veggie-centred dishes and local suppliers. http://thecollectiveraw.com/
Raw “Cheesy” Kale Salad with sunflower seeds and apricots $6
Raw Brazil Nut Vegetable Linguine with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce $11
add Chickpea “Meatballs” +$3
Chocolate Avocado Cake $6
Chlorophyll Elixir $3
Prix Fixe Menu
Everything for $25
Every Friday The Depanneur is an ‘open mic’ night for culinary talent in TO, where they invite guest cooks, amateur or professional, to come and make their favourite dishes. Nutrition-dense restaurant in Calgary this summer. http://thecollectiveraw.com/
Learn more about our Drop-In Dinners
See you Friday.
surface pattern + illustration
Urban Living: The Tale of the Accidental Renovator
Love Yourself to Healthy